Over 90% of NCU students depend on financial support. Donations made to scholarship funds allow students to take fewer loans and incur less debt. Your gift makes a difference in the lives of students!
Endowed scholarships consist of donations to funds which are set aside for permanent investment in order to produce a dependable stream of scholarship support. The creation of an endowed scholarship provides for sustainable support in perpetuity. Endowed scholarships can be established in the name of you, the donor or in recognition or memory of a family member or beloved faculty member.
- With a minimum of $25,000, you may establish an individual named endowment at NCU. Your contribution may be funded with cash, securities, or real estate, and may be pledged over a five-year period desired. Once an endowment is established, you or your family members or friends may add to it at any time.
- At the time you establish your endowment, you may decide how the earnings from your fund will be spent.
- All endowment funds are professionally invested among diverse asset classes with a goal of producing above-average, long-term returns with acceptable risk limits. The University spends approximately 4.5-5% of the total endowment value annually, based on an established endowment spending policy as governed by the University's Board of Trustees.
For more information on how to establish an endowed scholarship fund contact Dr. Keith Potter, vice president for advancement, by e-mail
or call 541-349-7439.
Individuals and churches can support a student in financial need, symbolically, through donations made to the ‘adopt-a-student’ fund. These funds can be combined with other scholarships that students may be eligible to receiving, ensuring access to academic excellence. Please note that when the student recipient is specified, however, the gift is not tax-deductible to the donor.
- There is no minimum gift amount required.
- 100% of all Adopt-A-Student donations go to a student in financial need.
- Your contribution can be designated to a category of students or to the general Adopt-A-Student Fund. For example, you may designate a gift to students from your church, your company and/or students in a specific major.
Contributions to Adopt-A-Student can be made online or by including "Adopt-A-Student" on the memo line of your check. For more information, send an e-mail
or call NCU Advancement at 541-684-7318.