Studying abroad is about much more than just having a great travel experience – it can produce significant returns on your investment in your academic, personal, & professional life. NCU Summer Trips Dankook Summer Study Abroad
NCU Faculty SUMMER ProgramEvery summer, NCU faculty lead short-term study abroad experiences to various locations for approximately 3 weeks. The program includes:
- 3-6 NCU semester credits
- Airfare and transportation
- Housing and meals
- Excursion costs (i.e. entrance fees)
Dankook SummerStudents spend approximately two months on this exchange program to Dankook University (located outside of Seoul, South Korea). Students will teach English to local Korean students and take two 3 credit classes, taught in English.
General Information:Students are housed in double- occupancy dorm housing for the duration of the program. Optional field trips and cultural activities (organized by Dankook summer staff) are available for an additional fee.
Cost:The program fee of $2, 712 includes the following:
- 6 semester credits Dorm housing for the duration of the program
- Korean-style breakfast for duration of the program
- Reimbursement of airfare upon completion of English Village teaching program
Study AbroadStudents are also able to study abroad during the Fall or Spring semester. Meet with the Off-Campus Study Program Coordinator for more information and to pick a location and program.
Some examples of destinations are:
- Costa Rica
Financial Aid:Financial aid may be available, talk with your Financial Aid counselor. Off-Campus Study Program scholarship available for a limited number of eligible students each year.
Degree Requirements:Students should consult their academic advisor and the off-campus study program coordinator to discuss the application of credit towards degree requirements.
Important Dates for NCU Trips
Application Deadlines:Fall 2018
- Oct 27, 2017: Priority Consideration
- Dec 1, 2017: Final Deadline
- Feb 16, 2018: Priority Consideration
- Apr 27, 2018: Final Deadline
- Sept 21, 2018: Priority Consideration
- Oct 28, 2018: Final Deadline
- Oct 28, 2018: Priority Consideration
- Dec 7, 2018: Final Deadline
Deposit Deadlines:Summer 2018
- October 27, 2017: 1st deposit due
- January 19, 2018: 2nd deposit due
- October 28, 2018: 1st deposit due
- January 18, 2019: 2nd deposit due